What is it?
Our Professional Development Courses are designed specifically for child care Food Coordinators who are ready to further their education in nutrition and whole food basics. The aim of this training is to provide your Food Coordinators with the tools and knowledge they need to prepare nutritionally balanced, nourishing meals for the children in your care, all whilst keeping within a tight food budget.
Who is it for?
Long day care, family day care, all early childhood services! Food coordinators, early childhood educators and centre managers. Everyone will benefit from learning more about early childhood nutrition.
- Whole Food Concepts – Specific whole food ingredients and how to implement them in a child care kitchen.
- Nutrition Basics – Proteins, carbohydrates and fats. What are they and how do they affect the 0-5 age group.
- Digestion &Immunity – How food affects the development and maintenance of healthy digestion and immunity in children.
- Allergies & Food Sensitivities – how to manage multiple allergies in a busy kitchen.
- Catering for the 0-2 age group – Foods to avoid and foods to include for thriving, healthy babies.
- Menu planning – How to realistically implement a healthy menu that not only will the children love, but is also affordable and practical Making a healthy change – how to ease the transition into making a healthy change (getting staff on board and making it a joyful experience).
+ Live cooking demonstrations to show you just how easy it is to include whole food in your busy child care kitchen.
+ Any other topics that are specific to your needs may also be included in the training session.
Investment: from $400 (depending on numbers and time needed)
Email email@example.com to book your professional development course today.
* Our Professional Development Courses run for 2 – 4 hours dependant on your needs and the topics to be covered. * The total cost of our Professional Development Courses will be dependant upon the length of the course and the number of attendees. This will be discussed and agreed upon prior to signing your contract.
Is there a course running near you? CLICK HERE to view our current professional development course calendar.